Sometimes I wish the Father would illumine my ‘next steps’ better than He does. His guidance can often be more flicker than flame. I feel most comfortable when I can see the big picture, the whole journey spelled out from beginning to end. Instead, at least for me, God often only grants enough light for the first step. I cautiously take that step and then have to wait for the next step to be revealed, and then the next, and the next. There is always a purpose to the delays in God’s guidance and a reason for His little light. But, if things only start with a little light…at least it is a start. Take that step, then wait.
PAUSE AND THINK:
1. Are you currently seeking clarity from God about something important?
2. Are some steps clear and others have yet to be revealed?
3. What is preventing you from taking that first step?
4. What emotions do you experience when you have to wait?
5. What might the Father be trying to accomplish during your time of waiting?