A pastor needs to know not only how to recruit, train, and release leaders, they also need to know how to maintain leaders. If you don’t maintain your leaders they might not remain your leaders.
Here are six things leaders need from their pastor. Read over the list and ask yourself how you’re doing in giving your leaders what they need. How’s your maintenance?
1. Leaders need our time and attention.
2. Leaders need tools and resources specific to their area of ministry.
3. Leaders need someone to hold them accountable for their spiritual growth.
4. Leaders need someone they can look up to, i.e. an example to follow.
5. Leaders want to feel that we care about them beyond the role they play in the church.
6. Leaders want to feel that they are included in the decision-making process.