- Offer to pay their way to a conference on church growth.
- Give them a book on church growth for pastor appreciation month.
- Ask them, “Why isn’t our church growing?”
- Ask them, “Why is that other church growing?”
- Tell them on Sunday morning, “Looks like a small crowd today.”
- Ask them on Sunday morning, “Where is everybody?”
- When you sense that your pastor might be discouraged about the size of your church remind them that whenever two or more come together, Jesus is there.
- Assure your pastor that you love the fact that the church is small.
- Sit down with them and share some ideas you have as to why the church isn’t growing.
If you are a denominational supervisor…
- Make sure they attend your national conference but have all the speakers be pastors of large churches.
- Give them great ideas and resources that won’t really work in a church their size.
- Ask them, “So…how are your numbers?”
- Require them to fill out reports on attendance, conversions, baptisms, etc.
- Schedule your pastor’s meetings during the week so that the bivocational pastors can’t attend.
- Ask the bivocational pastors, “So…when are you going to be able to go full time?”
- Invite them to your building and give them a tour.
- Instead of following up with them personally have your assistant do it.
Comments are now closed.