A coach provides objective, honest, practical, and safe feedback while walking with you through your personal challenges. My philosophy of coaching is best summed up in the following sentence: It’s not my job to do your thinking for you but to help you think, help you see, help you hear what the Father is doing in your life and ministry.
Here are some reasons why you might link up with a coach
- If you feel stuck in a certain area of your life or ministry.
- If you feel stuck in an area pertaining to your personal ministry.
- If you need help in a certain area of ministry-skill, i.e. counseling, preaching, administrating, goal-setting, etc.
- If you are considering transitioning out of ministry or to another church.
- If you are a new church planter.
- If you are faced with a crisis either personal or professional.
- If you are preparing to select your first board.
- If you want to better your preaching skills.
The rule of thumb is…when you feel stuck in any area of life or ministry it’s good to link up with a coach.
Contact me for a free, no obligation one hour coaching call. Ask me anything you’d like. See if coaching is for you.
Every study we have done shows that church leaders will do a better job leading their church to health if they have a coach who comes alongside to encourage them, ask questions, offer resources and hold them accountable. (churchsmart.com)