2. Teaching on stewardship results in increased giving.
3. If you work really hard you can grow your church.
4. Great preaching and great music will bring great growth.
5. People with a background in business are the best people to have on your church board.
6. “missional” is new.
7. Traditional church models are automatically ineffective.
8. Mission statements are really important.
9. Pastors of larger churches must know something pastors of smaller churches don’t.
10. Formal church memberships result in greater commitment.
11. If you have a clear and well-articulated vision your church will grow.
12. Outreach events result in church growth.
13. The “attractional model” isn’t working anymore.
14. In order for an older pastor to attract a younger crowd he need to look and sound cool.
15. If a church isn’t growing there must, must be something wrong.
16. Every once in a while it’s good for a pastor to insert a moderate curse word into his sermons. This will communicate that he is cool and contemporary, and radical.
17. Parishioners will follow the example of their pastor.
18. All healthy things grow and reproduce.
Follow me on twitter @thinkmonk