God gives me all the time I need to do the things He wants me to do. ‘Too Busy’ is an indication that there is something in my life that did not originate from God.
Here are six steps to break free from Too Busy.
1. Stop and face it. Don’t see Too Busy or feel Too Busy and blow it off. Don’t minimize or add it to your ToDo list, i.e. I must deal with Too Busy…tomorrow.
Stop. Deal with it now. We remain too busy because we don’t face Too Busy. We remain too busy because we delay dealing with Too Busy.
2. Take a look at your calendar and make a list of all the things you are doing or have to do that add up to Too Busy.
3. How many things on your list are clearly from God? How many are not? How many are you not sure of? If in doubt, ask God.
4. If you are facing a particularly over-booked week, ask God to open up your calendar for you. Don’t be afraid to ask for some appointment-cancellations.
5. Discover things on your list that you could, or should, stop giving your time to. Some things need to be abandoned and some things need to be delegated. Be courageous and abandon what needs to be abandoned. Begin the process to delegate what needs to be delegated. I know, often this is easier said than done…but start the process.
6. Ask the Holy Spirit to show you in advance the commitments you are about to take on that will result in being too busy.
God gives you all the time to you need do the things He wants you to do. ‘Too Busy’ is an indication that there is something in your life that did not originate from God. Break free from Too Busy.